Episode 42 | Punch Cards
Three technologists, all of whom have been both professors and worked in industry, talk about their experience with early computing and punched cards while in their college in the 1960s-80s. And how the shift from punched card machines to terminals was sudden! Features immigrants from Israel and Brazil.
- Moshe Vardi (Prof. Rice U.). Immigrant from Israel.
- Rico Malvar (Distinguished Engineer, Microsoft. Former Director of Microsoft Research). Immigrant from Brazil.
- Tal Rabin (Prof. UPenn and Head of Research at Algorand). Immigrant from Israel.
More resources we think you’ll enjoy:
- Episode 42 guide
- Immigrant Computer Scientists Podcast home
- Resources on CS/STEM-related education and immigration
Subscribe to Immigrant Computer Scientists on:
Listen on Apple PodcastsListen on Google PodcastsListen on SpotifyRSS FedListen on StitcherListen on iHeartRadio