The History Committee assists IEEE Computer Society, IEEE, national and international organizations to preserve and document the history of computing, with particular attention to the history of the IEEE Computer Society.
The committee collects and maintains basic quantitative data on the IEEE Computer Society’s efforts; publishes and encourages articles dealing with the historical aspects of the IEEE Computer Society, and manages the IEEE Computer Society archives. The committee maintains liaisons with national and international organizations including the IEEE History Committee, the IEEE History Center, and the IEEE Computer Society Awards Committee.
The History Committee chair is appointed by the president. The chair appoints committee members to provide liaison with IEEE Computer Society, IEEE, national, and international history of computing organizations. The Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Annals of the History of Computing is an ex officio member of the History Committee.
- View History Committee Publications
- Learn more about the Computer Society History
- Read the IEEE Annals of the History of Computing
- Access the Engineering and Technology History Wiki
Questions? Contact the History Committee
2023 History Committee
David C. Brock, Chair
Computer History Museum
- Penny Ahlstrand, Computer History Museum
- Brian Berg, CBI
- Nathan Brewer, IEEE History Committee
- Mary Ann Hellrigel, IEEE History Center
- David Hemmindinger, Union College
- Jeff Yost, IEEE Annals
Ex Officio Non-voting Members
- Nita Patel, 2023 IEEE CS President
- Melissa Russell, IEEE CS Executive Director
- Anne Mare Kelly*